Standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Hannah and Lucy

I was real excited about passing through Winslow, Arizona.  My travel mates were confused.  They had never heard the Eagles song 'Take it Easy' so they thought i was off my rocker.  That is until i was posing for a shot on the corner of Winslow, Arizona, when some dude in a truck yelled, "Hey, you standing on the corner in Winlsow, Arizona?"  Perfect, now the girls wont think i am totally nuts.  He told us of a statue on the street erecting because of the song and gave us directions.  We never found the statue, but did find a decent corner to take the picture.

Well, since the Grand Canyon is on the way to Vegas, which is on the way to Los Angeles, we figured we make the small detour to see one of the 7 natural wonders.

on the corner in Winslow, Arizona
  It was $25 per car, which is good for around 5 days.  The first lookout point stunned me, it is a very impressive hole in the ground.  But after 15 minutes, you take the photos and your ready to go.  Knowing that we were going to be in Vegas later, might have also spurned us on.

We arrived in Vegas at 8pm and promptly checked in to the Tropicana Hotel.  Definitely not the best hotel on the strip, but it was cheaper and closer to the newer hotels that we wanted to be able to walk to.  Taxis are fairly expensive in Vegas, and can be very rude.  One of our drivers complained of the tip he got, the jerk is lucky he got a tip.  That is what a tip is, its not mandatory.

We got ready and headed to the Hard Rock Resort and Casino.  We were told this is the best place to gamble.  I found out why that is the case, it is one of the few big casinos that have $5 crap tables.  I love playing craps, but i cant afford $10-20 limit tables.  I told the Brits how to play, and we went up a little, and before we knew it, it was 3 am.  We decided to walk around and see other casinos.  We went in to Bellagio, and then returned to our room early at 4 am.

its so grand