0071 A Prize winning Town (USA 038—revisit)

Shippensburg Travel Blog

From Greencastle, I head back north where I pull off on yet another Highway 11 town, Shippensburg.

Immediately my mind goes back to July of 2003.  I was starting to chaff at the bit and looking for a way to escape from the routine of Normal Life.  I had all sorts of idea running through my mind, one of them was that I could be a cyclist riding all over the countryside.  So one day I thought I’d do a test run, heading up Highway 11 from Chambersburg to Shippensburg, taking various side roads along the way.

It was a soothing experience, enjoying Pennsylvania’s emerald countryside.  And Shippensburg itself a very nice little college town was fun to explore to with it’s 19th century style hotel on Main Street and shady streets leading the the college campus.  But my favorite experience what happening on a field where a group of boys and girls were playing baseball, dressed in their traditional garb.  A charming little glimpse into a whole nother world…

Today I’m just going to take a stroll up Main Street and over near the campus which I’ll use as a backdrop for my clip.  Then I sing a couple of songs and head on my way.

photo by: nathanphil