0018 A very American Town (USA 018—new)

Manheim Travel Blog

Day 008: 5 hours, 3.1 kms

I go out for another nearby after work session.  This time I end up a little farther east in Manheim--another bold type town heading towardsLancaster.

Seems like a fairly standard All American small town.  It has a couple stately, colonial style buildings.  A nice flowery median with a little rotunda in itsMain Street.  A lot of houses I passed had big signs boasting that they have a son in the military. People sitting in their lawn chairs greeting me as I'd go by. I even happened on a little neighborhood interracial barbeque--which was very nice to see.

A couple big old rusted structures near the downtown and a spruced up railroad-station-turned-museum which I used as the backdrop for my clip.   A couple of fellows on skateboards.  A classy little restaurant nearby... And right at the edge of town you can walk directly into a thick forest.

A cheerful, pleasant capsule of American life and culture.

vances says:
So why didn't East Petersburg warrant an entry??? jk - East Pete is my home town and I was tickled to see something so close...oh to be back in Manheim enjoying a root beer float at the Twin Kiss!
Posted on: Jan 09, 2008