Day 21

Phuket Travel Blog

Day 21 – November 13, 207

Today we started our long trek to the South of Thailand.  I have to say I will not miss Pattaya and am glad to be leaving the incessant stream of pathetic individuals that it embodies.   We left Pattaya and headed back to Bangkok on the bus.  We were relieved to see that the bus this time was more like the that picked us up last time than like our original bus and fortunately there were no break down incidents, just horrendous traffic caused by several rather major car accidents.

After spending an amazing amount of money on lunch in single airport owned restaurant at the airport we flew to Phuket.  Once there, we met a really nice German couple on holiday.  Turns out she and I were born on the exact same day (11/15/79) and we were both spending our first birthday away from the cold.  The four of us got along famously and we ended up staying at the same hotel and went out for drinks and dinner at great little spot called Michael’s.  They had wi-fi so Jared and I hung around for a while getting some work done after they left.

photo by: Aclay01