Hoi An

Hoi An Travel Blog

Sabba Dii

So I left things in Hue, where I finally had started liking Vietnam.. Hoi An is just as good!

The drive down was really pleasant went through Hai Vin Pass and stopped at a former military lookout point overlooking the US air base at Danang - check the pic of me in the Sniper tower - how cool. Next thing we're in the Marble Mountains, which is a great stopping point en-route to Hoi An. Pretty soon we're in Hoi An and guess what we have a swimming pool - good times. Hotel (Van Loi) is slightly out of town on Cam Pho Island - but it's such a small compact place it's only 5 mins walk. Really nice accomodation again.

Hoi An truly is a shoppers paradise. I'm seriously hammering the plastic here, but to be honest it's so cheap it feels like the more you buy the more you save.

Lookout tower over US airbase in Danang
So far my tailor has knocked together 1 suit, 2 trousers, 1 pair of leather trainers, & 3 silk short sleeved shirts - all within 2 days. The range of colours and fabrics is awesome, you just find a store you like sit down and wait for them to start selling you stuff, pretty soon you're only issue will be how to get everything home. I can recommend Thing Phu on Le Loi street - all our group went there and it's great serice and excellent products. One word of warning they don't like it if you try to send it back once it's made - I guess what I'm saying is really think it through before you put the order in - much easier for Men I guess!!

Not done a lot else here, apart from browse the shops - am planning to go to the Beach today, but we'll see.. It's just really nice to relax for a few days.

There's a really annoying lorry next to me with the worst siren ever - aaargh - sorry had to get that off my chest!!

Next stop is Ho Chi Minh City where the pace will crank up again I guess. Hopefully I'll enjoy that spot more than Hanoi..

Until next time

Lang Co beach
Lookout tower over US airbase in D…
Lookout tower over US airbase in …
Marble Mountain