End of the Road - Back in Bangkok

Bangkok Travel Blog

Khao San Road

Ok, so as I write this, I'm back at home. I have to go back to work in an hour, which is going to be tough.. but I guess you have to face reality sooner or later...

Anyway time to conclude this fantastic trip. I last left things in Siem Reap. After a farewell dinner with the group which was nice, we watched a traditional dance show - pretty average - nothing special - ruined by a pitch invasion by some crazy Koreans - maybe Chai was right!!

So next day, it's back aboard the happy bus for the renowed drive to Bangkok. The good news is they have done a lot of work on this road so it's actually nowhere near as bumpy as I expected. Only really the first couple of hours down to Poipet. Once at the border, the roads Thailand side are fine.

Fight Night
Whole journey took about 7.5 hrs driving time.

Once in Bangkok, my final night is spent Ringside at the Thai Boxing - I was really up for this - expecting scenes straight out of Bloodsport / Kickboxer - but actually it was kind of a let-down. Not brutal at all - mostly juniors 16-20 (seriously ripped) & only one KO all night - still you can't win them all.. Pretty pricey as well 60$ US

Finished the tour with a few Chang beers - which taste crap but pack a punch - really makes you miss Beer Lao and then it was time for the long journey home - yep I had a hangover!!

So that as they say is a wrap... In summary, it's been a fantatsic trip, so many highlights, but special mention needs to go to Luang Prabang, Hoi An and Siem Reap.

Thanks to all my fellow groupies for the good company - if you ever find yourself reading this - I've dotted some pictures of you guys around the blog - Special thanks to Nuddy our tour leader who was immaculate..

Oh well time to start planning the next one - maybe Egypt & Jordan in October. As a certain Vinnie Jones would say "It's been emotional!"

barrol01 says:
Hi, I'm taking the same tour with G.A.P. Adventures in November this year, I found your travel blog after googling the tour for some reviews. Just wanted to say thank you for an interesting read, I found your blog informative and entertaining, and it has made even more excited for my own travels! Cheers.
Posted on: Aug 27, 2009