K.L. to Singapore to Brisbane....YAY

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Indian henna done in K.L. Lasted one week...but I was washing my hands a lot, and washing up and cleaning so I did not look after itvery well. The one on my leg lasted 2 weeks.

Oh wonderful day!!!!! Rang embassy at 10.30 a.m. and passport was ready for collection! ! WHOOPEE!!!! walked straight there and was greeted by Tina who was the lady who had rung me in Kuching and she gave me my  emergency passport. It ws SOOOOO nice to have it in hand...I felt like a real person again.... I was smiling to everyone at the embassy after that...even saw my nice soldier again on the way out. Not sure if he recognised me as the same person who had dragged themself in 2 days ago!!!! Ha Ha.

Walked back to the hotel where I packed up and checked out at 1p.m. Decided to have one little fling and caught a taxi to Little India to get a henna done before heading home (oh what a sweet sounding word that is!).

same same
Took andhour but finally found a lady doing henna on a street corner (apparently not many were working today as it is a Hindu Holiday) Got the best henna out of the three I had done during this trip. A lovely design and excellent colour...and friendly artist. We even exchanged emails as she offered to source henna powder for me. By the time I got back to the hotel...what is is about K.L. traffic!!!!! It was time to collect my bags and get out to the airport. Feeling VERY lighthearted I farewelled K.L. and arrived in Singapore barely an hour later.

Back at Changi...I feel like I know every nook and cranny of this airport!!! Collected my bag I had left at luggage locker a week ago, found food and relaxed till 10.30. p.m. then it was on to the plane and home to Brissie.... Had 3 seats to self so was able to spread right out and had a damn good sleep!

Landed in Brissie and the plane had to wait out on the tarmac for 1/2 an hour....so close yet so far!.

Declared everything with no probs at all and finally walked out onto Australian soil. I was home safe and sound.

Andy99 says:
Enjoyed your blog--Quite a travel tale to tell! Glad everything worked out for you! Loss of a passport is probably every traveler's worry. It was great to read that so many people helped you.
Posted on: Dec 30, 2007
Indian henna done in K.L. Lasted o…
Indian henna done in K.L. Lasted …