Casual in K.L.

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Traditional Borneo dance

Yes a much better day for me today. Still a bit traumatised but decided to hang out at the hotel for the whole day without pushing myself to sightsee or shop or anything. After  lesurly brekki ( included in room price)...a fairly good spread but nothing on the Kuching Hilton..... I did nothing!.....then I did more  of nothing....then I went and did nothing in the beautiful pool area.......then i did nothing .....until daring the road crossing over to the Tourist Centre for the cultural show.

This cultural show was absolutely world class!!!! Stunning costumes, excellent stage and intimate seating, good commentary/introductions and fantastic dancing of so many different cultural backgrounds that make up the Malay peoples. (air-con of course) normally would have cost 5 Ringett ( about 2 AUD) but Nanna came through and I was given a free pass!!!! Can you imagine how wonderful that was?!? It was the kindness of the gesture that overwhelmed me.

Chinese fan dance
I was amazed that there were only about 10 people in the audience!!! Another german couple could not believe it either and we had a big discussion why this would be so..with no answer...perhaps the time does not suit tourists as it was at 3p.m. We felt as if the show had been a private viewing just for us!?!  I got rather carried away with taking photos as this was the best experience of the last few days and I was able to loose myself in the beautiful music and dance.

After the show i ...you guessed it....did nothing! for the rest of the day.

Malay Dance
Malay Dance
Malay dance
Malay dance
The cast and I photo opportunity.
The cast and I photo opportunity.