Mesa Travel Blog› entry 1 of 1 › view all entries
We kicked off my birthday on Memorial day weekend and it was AWESOME! The last day was the best part because I got to go to the Salt River for the very last time:( The Salt River is in
This river is a place where people from all walks of life come and float down a river for four hours and have a good time! You don't necessarily have to be drinking, but usually most people are. It's a really fun way to escape the heat in AZ. It's especially really good for college students because it's super cheap to go here ($13 a tube!) and you get to BYOB so there are no extra costs. They provide a shuttle to go down to the river so there really isn’t much that you have to worry about. Also, it's also a lot more fun to go with a big group because you get to mingle in the tubes! So, here is what to do:
- bring tons of sun block
- bring rope to tie the tubes together
- you can bring a bed sheet or a large towel to cover the tube bc it gets really hot
- bring a keg or a large cooler and make sure you buy an extra tube for this
- DO NOT bring purses, cell phones, etc.
- Bring sandals that are easy to take off because the rocks on the bottom are pretty rough
- Snacks are also a great idea if you opt to float the entire 4 hours
- Bring your least favorite bathing suit because the river is not all that clean! Since there is no toilet and you float for a LONG time, where do you think everything goes? …..YEAH
I must mention that even though this river is not too wild, there are parts that the rapids get dangerous.
Any way, this place is awesome and I hope more people can enjoy it as much as I did! I think it’s definitely a must see place when visiting the phoenix area.