A culinary success

Chiang Mai Travel Blog

Todays topic is food food food! I went on an amazing cooking class and managed to produce a pretty good four course dinner...for myself. There was so much, I couldn't finish it, but I really tried. First the lady that was teaching us, took us to the market to buy all the produce fresh, which was a great experience. I've never seen so many different types of vege and fruit and all fresh from the garden it looked. I managed to bypass the animal section as there wasn't much left to the imagination! We also tried this sticky rice stuff rolled up in a bamboo leaf. No idea what it was but very tasty!

The cooking school was really well situated in its own little compound. The whole thing was surrounded by a garden where a lot of its own produce is grown, like some vegetables and a lot of spices and herbs. I don't think we used much from the garden this time, but all the food was delicious. I conjured up soup, green curry, patthai (spelling?) and banana in coconut milk.

In the evening, we all went out to the night market and had dinner in one of its many outdoor restaurants. Again I had green curry. I'm addicted to the stuff already. There was a dance performance on at the time so we watched that too.  I bought a few t-shirts at the market afterwards in preparation for the trek through the jungle. I can't wait!

korrahh says:
I learned to make tom yon goon like a thai, thats the key to their hearts they loved me like their own after that. Also the green mango salad its easy to make and you'll be a big hit with them. The key is the right ingredients. Cheers!
Posted on: Nov 18, 2007