They come and they go...

Bangkok Travel Blog

The first part of the trip is now over so we had to say good bye to a few people and welcome a few more for the rest of the journey...but first, breakfast at our favourite spot for wholemeal bread and vegemite of all things. We got in so early because of the night train, that it was too early to go to our rooms. We were all so tired but had little choice in what to do. All I wanted was sleep! After breakfast, we went back to the hotel and I met my new room bud, Louise from Northern Ireland. A lovely chick with a sense of humour!

The rest of the day was free, so I slept for a while. After a couple of hours, Lou and I were a bit peckish so went for a walk down Khao San Road to get some noodles. So much better than a restaurant.

In the evening we met our new tour leader for the rest of our journey down Thailand to Malaysia. His name was Scott, an Aussie! He seemed pretty chilled and well prept. After our little meeting, we all went out for dinner. I had a pretty hot green curry. I think most of us were a little surprised with the spice, not what we were used too!

I was dragging myself along the floor by the time we got back to the hotel, so sleep was the only thing I could think about. Unfortunately for my body, the mind only wanted to watch 'The Producers' when I stupidly turned the TV on. Didn't last though, asleep within half an hour!

photo by: halilee