St.Paul's, Tower of London and Mamma Mia!

London Travel Blog

outside St.Pauls Cathedral

I've just gotten so used to seeing new spots in London, I just can't imagine a day of doing the same thing again! We started off early in the morning, AS USUAL and went to St.Paul's. I could go on and on about the architecture, but the pictures below are testament to how wonderful it is. We managed to spend a good amount of time inside the cathedral. What was surprising for us was that it wasn't really that crowded! There were about 2-3 dozen people max inside the cathedral which is a big thing. My favourite place was the basement with all the tombs of various figures. I also loved climbing to the top of the cathedral. As usual, it was sunny and hot that it was a bit irritating getting out with all that sunshine, but managed to get a few pictures.

St.Pauls Cathedral
We stayed for the afternoon prayer, and made our way to "Fresh Italy", a nice Italian fastfood by the road. Food was tasty and wholesome. It was getting really hot now, one of those moments where you dread going out.

Anyway we caught the tube to the Tower of London, abs hated this journey as we seemed to walk forever in the tube station. We made to the Tower. I'd bought joint tickets for Hampton Court and this place, so thankfully no standing in queue. The Tower was packed with tourists. It's a lot bigger than one would expect. Sadly enough, by the time we got here, it was around 3pm and we were all so dead tired that we were hardly in a mood to sightsee. The Beefeaters' tour had already begun so we missed that. We made our way to the Crown Jewels which were grand. My word, SO many! We went on that moving walkway two times to get a view of the Kohinoor.

St.Pauls Cathedral

Besides that, we were way too tired to do anything else - we saw a bit of the White tower, went to the Bloody and Torture Towers and had coffee at the cafe which was really expensive. We did some shopping at the store, bought lots of nice pressies for friends, and we headed back to the hotel, had a quick cuppa and did the most impromptu thing.... "MAMMA MIA!".

We caught the tube to Leicester Sq, and made our way to St.Prince's Theatre. I'd always wanted to see this show as I'd heard so much about it, both @ TripAdvisor and general. My parents are big ABBA fans so it was cool that all 3 of us could see sthg we'd relate to. The only kicker was that nothing was available to eat save for stupid nuts and Haagen Das ice cream. My dad was a bit hungry, and that was an inconvenience. The show began on time, and it was awesome. Way cool! They sang lots of songs, 'Waterloo' was the encore and everyone stood up and got clapping. My mum and dad loved it as well which was cool, as I was  scared they might get bored. It was real corny, I never imagined the day my parents and I would actually be clapping and singing along to the same song. The magic of ABBA, what else can I say?!

Dinner was quiet, Indian rsnt nearby and called it a night. In hindsight, I'd think this was the MOST hectic day of our London trip.

View from the top
View from the top
View from St.Pauls
View from St.Paul's
London Eye (View from St.Pauls)
London Eye (View from St.Paul's)
White Tower, T.O.L