Arkansas

Little Rock Travel Blog

Bridge in Little Rock
This morning I woke up in Little Rock and, since I had been to tired the night before to leave my hotel room, I spent some time exploring downtown before checking out the Peabody hotel. Downtown revolves around a newly created/restored river walk district. It was very tourist friendly without being devoid of charm and local flavor. There are many old buildings in a colonial style, which always suprises me in the south, but were charming. I had some much deserved iced flavored coffee, and enjoyed downtown. Then I made my way to the Peabody Hotel Little Rock, one of a chain of three hotels (Orlando and Memphis) which have a small flock of ducks that live in a penthouse and travel (via elevator) to spend the day in the lobby pool. For anyone, like myself, that loves animals, it was hilarious. I had no idea that ducks could run that fast, and they are only enhanced by the red and gold clad duck master and DeSousa march. I journied from Little Rock to Hot Springs, which is a small university town about an hour from Little Rock. It has many little art galleries, but the most amazing part is the row of bath houses that were built in the early 1900s on top of natural hot springs and pretty well maintained. The city is in a valley, so it is lovely and lush.
The ducks decend in an elevator