Long weekend Kiev

Kiev Travel Blog

Kiev station

After a short flight from Amsterdam (it is only 2.5 hours from the Netherlands) me and my brother arrived at the Borispol airport in the afternoon of 28 june. First we have to go from Borispol to Kiev which is about 14 miles. There are a lot of taxi-drivers there who love tourist, and they first offer us to go for 300 grivna's. When we refused (I have been in Kiev before, and the bus is much much cheaper) the price dropped to 200 grivnas. But I know Kiev, we had plenty of time and we took the simple bus which is in front of Borispol and cost only 22 grivna. A tip for travellers who want to save money. The bus takes you to the Kiev train station (see photo's). You walk across the train station to the other site, take a turn left and than you are in the metro station which can take you everywhere.

We allready decided we would stay in the Tourist Hotel which is outside the centrum but very near Metro stop Livoberezhna. It has simple rooms, but it is not too expensive, there is internet and allways a market just beside the hotel. May be next time a take an appartement, but know we just want to have a room which is easy to get. After packing it was allready late and time to visit the centrum for a meal and some drinks. Only 10 minutes later we stopped in Metro station Khreshchatyk in the heart of Kiev.

jucasinc says:
Going to Kiev for the first time, I've heard horrible stories just like yours. I don't speak ANY Russian at all, any additional tips?
Posted on: Aug 18, 2012