EuropeItalyCapri

Life in Capri

Capri Travel Blog

11.11.07 - Sunday

Today we finished Dean’s teaching on spiritual warfare. At 2pm we sailed to Capri. We arrived at 5pm. We had to anchor, so we didn’t go ashore. We had a huge feast for dinner… kiwi, persimmons, olives, salami, and tortellini. This evening Elias gave his testimony and explained up the conflict between Isreal and Palestine. He’s from Bethlehem and has lived through bombings and the conflict. He shared photos and videos that made my heart hurt. It’s such a tragedy what’s happening in that country.

11.12.07 - Monday

There was a storm today, so the seas were really rocky. Lehman took up the anchor and we sailed to another side of the island. We found a port that let us dock there for the day. Duffy led worship this morning and Jon Paul led a discussion about the past, present, and future.

Meinhard, Josias, Elena, and I went into town. Capri is BEAUTIFUL. I loved it! The people were very friendly and many spoke English. There were huge mansions and fruit orchards everywhere. We walked up the huge hill to get to the city. There was a camera crew filming an Italian movie at the square. We watched the actors from only 5 feet away. I wish we had more time in this city. We only were able to see a glimpse of it before sailing again at 8pm. There was another storm. The seas were very rough. I spent the whole night lying in bed before going to watch at midnight.

11.13.07 - Tuesday

I made it through watch without getting sick. I was surprised by how well I was feeling. The waves were rough, but I managed to watch a movie that evening. The sail didn’t seem to affect me - thank you, Jesus!