Nelson, Takaka, Nelson, Motueka, Able Tasman

Nelson Travel Blog

Concert in Nelson

When I arrived in Nelson I had to decide what I am going to do the next few days. As I always wanted to go and work in a backpackers and my mum told me that my account wasn't looking to good I decided to find a place to work in Takaka. After only 3 phonecalls I had a job for one week starting the next day already. I was really happy and went to book the bus.

The next morning my bus left Nelson on 6.45 am. The backpackers was one of the worst I've ever been in New Zealand and the owner was a really weird person. I first tought I would get through a week and decided to go and book my trip to Able Tasman so that I've got something to look forward to. But then I suddenly decided to go back to Nelson, first because I just didn't want to do anything I didn't like during my holidays and second because I then had the possibility to see Eric again.

Able Tasman
So I changed all my bookings again and went back to Nelson the next morning.

In Nelson I just chilled out a little. In the evening I suddenly got a message from Eric saying that he and the people he met in the hostel in Motueka were going on a concert in Nelson and that I should come too. So I got dressed again (I was already laying in my bed ready to sleep) and we all went to this really really good "Funk/Rap" concert. That night Eric decided to join me on my tramp through Able Tasman Nationalparc.

So the next day, I packed my backpack and went to Motueka to stay in the same backpackers as Eric. We now had to book all the buses and watertaxi and huts for Eric and went shopping.

On Monday, we started walking from Marahau. It was an easy 4 hours walk through beautiful forests and stunning beaches.

It was soo nice and the weather was perfect too. After putting our backpack in the huts we went on an other little walk to a really beautiful little beach and a lookout onto the beach. There we saw a stinger ray! It was so amazing and we were really excited about that. We had so much fun that day and I think I never laughed that much on my whole trip! In the evening, Eric was showing me some Yoga on that beach. That was really good but so difficult to keep the balance.

The next day was a 7 hours walk to Awaroa (or similar). Again we saw some absolutly fantastic beaches and beautiful forests with big ferntrees!

Today, we only walked 1 1/2 hours to Totaranui where we took the watertaxi to Kaiteriteri. On the way, we saw some seals laying on the rocks and enjoying the sun. In Kaiteriteri we had a really good lunch before we the bus took Eric back to Motueka and myself back to Nelson. It was such a great experience and we saw so many beautiful beaches and had a really really good and funny time together.

Tomorrow, I am going to Picton where I'm gone work for a month in a backpackers which is hopefully much better than the one in Takaka.

Reytschel says:
Sali Wendy! :-) Merci villmal no für dini Mails! *g* Hey, die Föteli sind ja meeeega schön! Cool! Freu mi uf wiiteri Storys vo dir und uf alli Details, wenn du wieder diheime bisch. :-) Grüessli und trotzdem Merry Christmas! :-)
Posted on: Dec 13, 2006