Tasmania

Hobart Travel Blog

Prison Port Arthur

As we got really cheap flight tickets to Tasmania, we decided to do a detour and visit my cousin and her husband in Dunally which is about 80km from Hobart.

Unfortunatly, we coulnd't get hold of them before we got to the airport in Hobart, so they were quite shocked when we called them and said we're already in Tasmania. However, coincidently they were just having their lunch in Hobart. So they were at the airport within 15 min.

After hireing a car (which happend to be another brand new one..) we all drove to Dunally and had a look at their house. They are actually building a house on their own!! The only thing they didn't do on their own was the electricity!!! That's really amazing.

Wendy, Lucy, Mami
It is a really nice big house!!

The next day, we drove to Port Arthur which used to be a prison in the late 1800s. It was quite impressive and worth looking at it.

On Saturday, we went to Salamanca Markets which is at the waterfront in Hobart. Later on, we drove up on Mount Wellington from were we had an incredible view over the whole of Hobart and all the waterways!

Sunday was more or less our catch up day. That;s something you always have to have from time to time....you can imagine that you also have to wash your clothes when your on travels.....

On Monday, we drove to Mount Field Nationalpark. We walked through a beautiful rainforest to the Russel Falls and Horseshoe Falls. That was so nice and I really hope that I can see that sort of rainforest in New Zealand as well....

Tasmania was really really nice and we had a lovely time with my cousin Lucy and her husband Jeff. I definitly come back to Tasmania once!!!

View from Mt. Wellington