Back in Australia

Coral Bay Travel Blog

Perth

Finally, I found time to write another journal. Meanwhile, I've spent another week in Cape Town and flew to Perth, Australia. The first moment I arrived in Australia I again loved it very much!

The first few days we (me and my mum) spent exploring Perth and Fremantle. Fremantle is really really nice! Perth I already knew from my last trip to Australia. But still, I really enjoyed staying there for another few days and I defenitly have to come back one day!

On Wednesday, 4th October we got our campervan which is really easy to drive. The next day, we started our trip. The first stop was Cervantes, the places where the Pinnacles are. We watched the sun going down at the Pinnacles and as we were coming back to the van we saw our first Kangaroo.

After our first night in our camper van we headed to Kalbarri.

Kangaroo Paw
There is a big nationalpark there which we got to see the next day. There are gorges and really nice cliffs (which looks similar to the Great Ocean Road).

Our next site was Denham. Originally, we wanted to spend the two nights in Monkey Mia but as there is school holidays here in Western Australia the resort was already fully booked. So we had to stay in Denham which is about 20 km from Monkey Mia. On Sunday, we walked around the Little Lagoon. The coulors were absolutly amazing. After that, we wanted to see the dolphins at Monkey Mia but we were to late. The dolphins had already been fed. So we decided just to spend the day laying on the beach and relaxing a bit and come back for the dolphin feeding the next day.

Our Campervan

So, we went to Monkey Mia again in the morning and saw the dolphins. They come really close so you can see their happy faces. Although it was the second time I saw this it was still really nice! After having a look at Shell Beach we started driving up to Coral Bay.

As Coral Bay is really really nice and we enjoyed the first day so much we decided to stay another day. Yesterday, I've been snorkelling the reef. In my opinion, the Ningaloo Reef is even nicer then the Great Barrier Reef! Today, we were walking along the beach and saw about 50 sharks, only small ones but anyway.... In the afernoon, we went on a glassbottom boat tour which was really enjoyable as well.

Tomorrow, we probably head to Tom Price and the Karijini National Park. But we are not yet sure if we are able to get in there as they've got bushfires up there....

Beach near Pinnacles