Finally here, but not sure whether to laugh or cry

Sedona Travel Blog

It's after 1am and I'm sitting on the balcony for some peace and quiet. There are unidentified animals howling in the distance which reminds me how some parts of the U.S. are still quite wild and beautiful.

I can't wait to really see Sedona tomorrow (today). This morning was quite absurd, and I am reminded how important it is to pick travel partners wisely. The consequences can range from irritating to practically life threatening. Case in point I encountered both instances this morning. Spent the better part of the morning roaming around Scottsdale trying to find Eko a freaking optometrist because she threw out her last pair without waiting for her new ones to arrive. Irritating, as this was not how I envisioned spending my vacation. The more dangerous part came when Eko was driving and decided at an intersection that she wanted to look for something in her purse and put the car in park at a red light, asking me to trade seats with her so she could sit in the passenger seat and I would drive. AT A FREAKING INTERSECTION. I almost blew my lid and I ordered her to at least pull into a parking lot. WHO DOES STUFF LIKE THAT??

If someone were to ask me, where were you at your lowest in life? I would reply without hesitation, "I was smoking a cigarette dejectedly on a coin-fed dino ride outside a Wal-Mart in Scottsdale while people came up and offered me quarters. "

So my lesson here is to never travel with an asian fob again. The short term thinking is tremendously unsettling and in some senses I feel as if I'm traveling with a 6 year old, constantly being peppered with silly questions that could be answered if said person would spend 5 whole seconds thinking about her question before she asked it. No, forget the 6 year old, I feel like I'm traveling with Jessica Simpson as a matter of fact. Lord help me...
Sunflower300 says:
You poor thing... trust me in years to come you will look back at this and laugh.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2007
AndiPerullo says:
I promise to be a good travel companion in Mali. ;-)

At least your misadventures make for a great blog. Focus on the fact that you're in Sedona now. It's SUCH a gorgeous place. Can't wait to see your pics.
Posted on: Nov 17, 2007