Vive le vin rouge!!

Paris Travel Blog

Arc de Triomphe

This being my second time in Paris, I thought I would be an expert at navigating through this city...well I was partly right I guess.  Our bus dropped us off at the Catacombs, so since I had already been there, I decided to let the boys take a gander while I watched the bags (i.e. take a snooze on the bags in the middle of a parc in Paris).  From there we were off to the Latin Quarter, to the hostel I thought I stayed at last time...was I ever wrong...we end up 35 minutes outside the Latin Quarter at a hostel called “Auberge de la Jeunesse”...worst hostel I have ever stayed despite only paying €15 per night...would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

After scrambling madly to find another hostel, we ended up staying there since we could not find any other accommodations.

Notre Dame
We headed to Note-Dame, the Latin Quarter and the Pantheon.  Not bad considering we had no sleep whatsoever the night before.

We met up some German friends the next day and decided hit the town ��" our first stop was the Louvre, a must stop for as far as museums go.  From there, we did what I have always wanted to do - grab some cheap wine and go see the sites!!  So we enjoyed a few drinks in the Latin Quarter, then at the Eifel Tower, Champ d’Elysee was next and finally stood around at the Arc de Triomphe hoping to see some action (i.e. car accident)...to our dismay we saw about 95 close calls, but nothing eventful...on the plus side the Heineken at the Arc was great!

We ended up going for diner in Saint Sebastien to meet up with old friends from Canada.

Tired of walking
  From what I remember the meal was great, but our sightseeing activities did seem to affect my memory that evening.  Good chance we brought a camera to help us remember what stupidities we may have done that night.  We were then got woken up by the worst thing ever ��" a rude Frenchman yelling out “Il est 10 heures!  Il est 10 heures!” for 20 minutes until we got out of the room...even though none of us felt like moving, talking, walking or eating...we ventured to Sacre Coeur to have a look from what is supposed to be the one of the best vantage points in Paris!  Well, other than all of us passing out on the metro ride on the way there...it did not disappoint!!  More importantly, we finally decided to purchase an alarm clock.

I think Paris is what everyone thinks Paris is...incredible architecture, amazing views, rude Frenchman and terrible food!   Probably one of the more aesthetically pleasing cities I have been to, and it everything people say it is!

Louvre