Etosha and the Vicfalls

Livingstone Travel Blog

Rhino Buggy

After two amazing weeks our tour has come to an end. It was quite sad to say goodbye to all the nice people of the groupe.

Since Swakopmund we saw so many things that I don't know where to start....In Swakopmund we all did a "Rhino Buggy" tour. That was so much fun! We drove with a two person vehicle through the dunes and over some steep rocks.

The next day we headed to the cheetahfarm where we acutally could  pat (not sure if that's written correctly) them. That was quite special. Then we drove through the cheetahfarm and saw how they feed them. They came close to the vehicle as they knew they would get food! They are really amazing animals.

Next stop was Etosha! As soon as we entered the park, we saw our first giraff! I was so impressed and overwhelmed (?.

Cheetah farm
..)! That was a special moment for me which I will never ever forget!!! Our first camping site was at a big waterhole. As we arrived, there were lots of  zebras, springbocks and giraffs drinking at the hole. Suddenly, we saw three elephants arriving. Of course, we were all very excited about this and nearly forgot to have lunch :-)

The next day, we saw again zebras and springbocks (they are all over the place and after a cerain time you think "ok, zebras again..", lions, giraffs, Oryxh..... In the evening, we did another game drive and we saw a big groupe of elephants with babies and everything! That was just fantastic!!! We stayed at this waterhole for maybe about 30 minutes and just watched them taking a bath and enjoying themselves....

Unfortunalty, we had to move on the other day.

Cheetah farm
I could have stayed much longer and just enjoy the animals in wild....On the Okavango River our next camping site was the most special one! The showers and toilets were openair!!!! So in the evening, as I took a shower, a bird on the tree was singing right into my ear. That was just so special and I enjoyed it so much.

The day after, we did a Mokoro Trip in the Okavango River, where we saw many hippos!! After about 1 hour, we stopped at the bank of the river and visited the "Sun" people and their village. They were all really friendly and the kids had so much fun of seeing the photos we did of them. It was really impressiv to see how they live. Then we headed back to the Ngepi Camp. Suddenly, our guide said he saw a crocodile. He wanted to show it to us and paddled back to the place where he'd saw it.

Baby cheetah
I couldn't see it and our guide paddled closer and closer and into the bushes. I got really paniced and we nearly fell out of the Mokoro......that was a really scary moment... However, in the afternoon, we went to another game reserve but we were really unlucky and didn't see much wildlife...

Now, I am in Livingstone and have already seen the Victoria Falls! Unfortunatly, they are not as impressive in the dry season as in the wet season. But from the view of the helicopter they were still quite amazing. Check it yourself at the photos.... Yesterday evening, we topped of our trip with a really beautiful sunset cruise on the Zambezi River!

The whole trip was just perfect and I will surely never forget the two weeks. Although, I am glad, I don't have to put up my tent everyday from now on.....   :-)

Photos will follow as soon as I'm back in Cape Town