Travel and Bursa

Bursa Travel Blog

We were up early the next morning, and on the road by 7:30am. I found the Turkish countryside suprisingly lovely - I’m not usually a fan of scenic vistas, but the mountains and farmland were beautiful. Turkish sheep are still watched over by shepherds, a practice that as far as I know is over in the United States. We tried to sleep, but our guide talked most of the morning and we only managed catnaps. The bus arrived in Bursa before noon, and we took quick tours of the Yesil TĂĽrbe (Green Tomb) and the Yesil Cami (Green Mosque). There may be more to see in Bursa, but we didn’t stick around to find out. Lunch was quite good - my girlfriend had iskender kebap, which was some kind of meat over a pita, topped with tomato sauce. I had a pizza, which was similar to American pizza but made on a pita with less tomato sauce, and topped with mushrooms and hot peppers (all of which I picked off). Our drink was very good, an apparently local specialty made from grapes. It had a sharp taste that reminded me of wine, but the restaurant was right across from the Yesil Cami and alcohol can’t be served near mosques. We had some free time to shop, and almost picked up a few items but didn’t have time to decide on anything before it was time to return to the bus. The ride was uneventful, but I did try to take a picture or two from the bus. We reached Çanakkale several hours later, had dinner at the hotel, and went to bed rather early.
Bursa