Amsterdam to Istanbul

Amsterdam Travel Blog

We got settled on the plane, and then they announced there would be a 70-minute delay due to weather. They apologized for not telling us sooner, but they were already halfway through boarding when they learned of the delay. We were pretty cramped, but KLM has a good in-flight magazine that kept me entertained for most of the time sitting. They also handed out apple juice and a really good almond cookie - I even got a second one. At some point I fell asleep, and woke up to heavy turbulence and lunch on my tray table. The shaking ended after five or ten minutes, and I examined my lunch. The salad was smaller than the one on the overnight flight, and had thin beet strips on it. I had been given couscous with anise sauce, and my girlfriend had vegetarian lasagna. She said she wasn’t very hungry, so I ate her lasagna, and her salad too. I also got a good roll and put butter on it. We were given fairly tasty strawberry ice cream for dessert, and then I fell asleep. I didn’t wake up until my girlfriend told me we were about to land. We made it through customs easily, and the rest of the night was rather uneventful.
 We arrived at an E-terminal gate at Schiphol, and expected to find our flight at nearby E10. No such luck, though, the gate had been changed to D48 - which of course was at the far end of another wing. We were already doubly delayed from two earlier problems, yet we managed to make it to our gate. I saw a lot of things I would have liked to have looked at closer, but we didn’t have time. When we reached the gate the boarding area was filled so we had to wait to even check in.
Amsterdam