Back in Townsville, still no photos.

Townsville Travel Blog

Near downtown Townsville. © Sam 2006

We woke up early the next morning to catch the ferry back to Townsville. I tried my camera again... still nothing.

After cruising back to shore, we headed downtown to shop for a while. We were also going to look for a place that might fix my camera. We stopped at every camera shop with no luck at all. They all said that the only option was to send it away to Sydney for 2 weeks. Um, hello? Could they not tell that we were foreigners? Did they not realize that we were only here for another day? I didn't have 2 weeks! I was furious... but of course, it was not their fault. All of the people were extremely friendly, but my camera situation was just getting me down.

Anyways, we cooled down my venturing to the Townsville Aquarium for the day. Honestly, I've been to better aquariums, but there were some exotic fish that I had never seen before, which was nice. We also decided to give the IMAX a go... so we watched "Deep Sea". It is an AMAZING show. Highly recommend it.

We met up with our friends at dinner time and went to a busy, crowded, very loud Mexican restaurant. It was a whole lot of fun on our last day in Townsville. I said goodbye to Ali, not knowing when I would see her again. I miss her, a lot, but I know that our paths will cross again.

Near downtown Townsville.