Walking (x's 2000!)

Prague Travel Blog

Yesterday my mom and I joined a free walking tour of Prague. It was really nice, because even though I have seen many of these buildings and land marks as I have walked to and fro... I did not know their history! Our guide was really funny, she had a dry humor that had a slight monotone overcast! Fabulous! It was also nice for my mom because I couldn't have told her/ showed her everything that our guide did. We must have been walking for 4 hours... it was pretty amazing! There has been such lovely weather all weekend and it has carried into the week. We still have not made it to Petrin Hill. We really hope to do this tomorrow along with the Museum of Communism. We will also hunt down the statues that I am dying to photograph. I think Is hall reserve wednesday for my little town of Vinohrady. All around my apartment are great things to see... especially the Baby tower (Zizkov tv tower). I treated my mom to her first fried chicken sandwich in Wenceslas Square... now she wants sausage too!

I think my time here is ending in a nice calm way! Tonight we celebrate our friend Sarah's birthday at the Blindeye and tomorrow we go bak to our roots is Vysocanska and have my farewell dinner at the Pizzeria there. That's where it all started three months ago!!
sybil says:
i read that david cerny is having some exhibit somewhere in prague right now -- he's the guy that added the alien looking babies on the zizkov tower.
Posted on: Feb 11, 2008