Welcome to Wellywood

Wellington Travel Blog

Hey Guys

The purpose of me creating this Blog is to tell you a little about my favorite city, Wellington New Zealand, and because I have a couple of photos I wanted to show off.  Being the Capital city Wellington is the political hub of NZ as well a major University town  giving the city a very eclectic and progressive feel. culturally it is a great place to visit because there is always something happening whether it is independent film festivals, Local art or my favorite, a month long music festival in the Botanical gardens which is free for everyone who wants to attend and fetures heaps of local talent, just take a picnic and a couple of sneaky beers and enjoy.

I love Wellington because it is not an imposing city it is set right on the water front at the base of the surrounding forest covered hills.

The population of Wellington city is only around 164,000 so is not over burdened with the same hustle and bustle a lot of other major cities face. From the center of the city it is literally a 10 minute walk to a man made sand beach and an ice-cream or to one of the many walking trails that cover the hills and forest areas.

When thinking of Tourism in NZ you think Bungy jumping, Jet boats, Skiing and breath taking natural back drops, these are all there in abundance as well as some amazing towns and cities like Wellington. Because I am living in Canada at the moment I have limited photos from home so all these were taken a little North of the city in a place called Plimmerton looking out across the straight to the south island.

So the moral of my story if there is one, If you are passing through allow yourself a day or two to have a look around Wellywood it is well worth it, especially if you are able to catch any of the great summer festivals.