Bangalore to Hampi

Bengaluru Travel Blog

From Chennai it took only a (surprisingly hassle free) overnight busride to Bangalore, where I ended up at the house of Ram and Esha. Still a bit exhausted from the previous days of travelling around I slowed my pace a bit in bangalore. The second day I payed a trip to Mysore, a nearby town (still 3 hrs by bus) which has a beautifull palace and some nice bazaars to wander around. The palace was huge and very beautifull and the bazaar lively and busteling. The next day I met up with Shrimoyee, as she was taking a course in Bangalore and we spent a nice evening and midday shopping in Bangalore. Then, thinking that there was more to India than big cities it was time to leave Bangalore and I decided to go on to Hampi, as this promised to be a nice and historical place to visit, with spectacular nature at that. Buying my ticket from the trainstation the day before was a nice adventure in itself, since the window for the foreigners quota was combined with the windows for the elderly and the disabled. All the oddities in one que, so I was standing in line with two American Hare Krishna's, a lot of elderly men and some people on crutches. I am sure it was quite a sight. The departure from Bangalore station involved quite some chaos in itself, since the train was late and the authorities kept the platform number a secret untill the last possible moment! The trip itself was fine and arriving the next morning in Hospet (near Hampi) was lovely.  The rikshaw ride to Hampi itself followed a winding road through all sorts of tiny villages that were just waking up, while a morning mist slowely cleared. This cleared my head s well and when I finally arrived in the Hampi guesthouse (that gave me a spacious double room for the price of a single) I was sure It was going to be a lovely stay!

but mor on this some other time

Bengaluru