Day ehhmm...

New Orleans Travel Blog

Cemetary

Well... Halloween was... eh... fun.. ;)

What to do today? the for mentioned waiter in my now favorite breakfast place told me about the donkey rides through the French Quarter. So after making sure the donkeys were handled right. (they really are!) I joined the carriage of the loudest woman there. She was really fun though! So she educated me on the history of the French Quarter.

After that I did some shopping in the River Walk Mall, needed to get some souvenirs of course. Then back to the hotel to get ready for the Cities of the Dead tour. That was really weird. Some of the tombs are gorgeous, and some are in real need of repair. Of course we saw the tomb of Mary Leveau. And no, I didn't desecrate her tomb by drawing 3x's on it. But I did leave an offering. It's only hospitable I think.
We ended up in the temple of a voodoo queen, but I think she was a bit high on the incense, she had some reaaaaaaly strange analogies.

In the evening I had a drink in Pat O'brians with a man I met on this Travbuddy website. It was real fun, he introduced me to the category five cocktail. I it served in a cocktail shaker that you get to take home with you. Nice souvenir. I was pretty beat though, from the walking all day, so I made it an early night.

Tomb of Marie Leveau