1st day of travel

Singapore Travel Blog

View of Spore before immigration

KL - I thought I would have missed the bus (woke up late, cleared car, packed up last minute, etc). Just dragged myself and go! Bony rushed me just a few minutes before they announced the platform. 33-seater Transnational bus isn't bad at all! Was worried what kind of partner I would get but got single seats! Just nice.
Bus ride was good indeed. Brought my LOTR Bk 1 with me, made some good progress on the pages. I know I've yet to finish the series and head on to Harry Potter series. Got a lot of reading to catch up!
Stopped at Machap for lunch. Bugger chillie sauce super hot! Lucky stomach held on till the end. Reached JB quite fast. Just walked thru ...

SPORE - Immigration. The guy looked at my passport and asked me if it was my 1st time being there. I went "No" and he went "Are you sure?". I said "Yes" and he went "Are you sure its not your 1st time?". Doink! I just got new passport, and I didn't bring my old ones. Told him its my new passport and that I have my old passport number at the back. Still he asked me again. Pretty annoying. Thought I might overstay or something like that. Gosh!
Mandy arrived 5 mins after I reached. Told her about the officer. She told "Why didn't you bring your old passports?". I went "What? Why?". Apparently too many ppl staying overnight and they wanted to make sure. Sigh ... Can't blame them. So for tips, don't forget to bring along your old passports to prove that you won't overstay. A good track record speaks for itself.
Anyway, immediately we went off for dinner. 6pm dinner? Went to Tony Roma's. Nice place, too cold, food excellent but portion is quite huge for me. Was tiring for the 1st day. Slept early coz of Mandy's dentist appt in the morning. ZZZzzz