Leaving Canoa

Canoa Quebrada Travel Blog

Today basically started the same as most of my other days here: breakfast at the bakery, reading on the beach. I kicked it at lazy days again because the furniture there rocks. After i'd had my fill of foucault, i was on my way to take a dip in the water when the 4 americans i'd met over the weekend showed up: johnny, eric, paul, and abe. i took a quick dip and then shared a few beers with them at their table. they had originally been thinking about leaving canoa this morning (as had I) but decided to spend one more night in town (as had I). as they were planning on leaving tomorrow morning, i got bits and pieces of their bus info to try and make the same bus.

after the beach i went back to the pousada to pack my bag. every sunday night there is a luau on the beach (same party as friday night) and i decided that, since my travel tomorrow morning waas necessarily going to start with a 6am bus ride, i might as well spend my last night in town partying. for some reason packing took unusally long. i took a break to go get some food, which also took a strangely long amount of time, and ended up running into johnny and abe. we walked abe back towards his apartment cause he was feeling under the weather, and johnny showed me a really cool spot in town i hadn't seen earlier. afterwards, i finished packing my bags, pre-gamed the party a little with johnny, and we hit the beach.

the luau was basically the same scene as last time, except tonight instead of showing up alone i had a few friends at the party. i hung out a bunch with the guys, but a few of them had already picked up girls over the week, so instead of being a 3rd wheel all night i decided to go find one of my own. stepping onto the dance floor, the first girl i started talking to responded.....well. i ended up making out with her on the beach until 5am, when i absolutely had to go back and finish up my bags (ok, i wasn't TOTALLY packed). i made it to the bus stop 1min before the bus showed. cutting it close, but it was worth it: without a doubt my best last-night-in-town yet!

Canoa Quebrada