The City of Luuurve...

Paris Travel Blog

Ok, so when it comes to Paris, it’s all been said before, right? So when I got there I had all of these images of this ridiculously perfect place where everyone is beautiful and everything is absurdly aesthetic. Getting off the plane was a little, errr, ummm, disappointing. The airport is just an airport, no Eiffel tower in sight, and the train trips to the hostel were nothing special. The area was kind of seedy, everything was expensive, and as usual we were tired and hungry. So it wasn’t much of an exciting first night in Paris!!! Day 2 however…

Where to start…

Went for a huge walk and took in as many sights as we could. Notre Dame was spectacular, I definitely caught a glimpse of the Hunchback himself shuffling around. Unfortunately he’s a little camera shy, so you’ll just have to take my word for it. The Cathedral was stunning, big bright windows and fabulous design. There’s a dedication to Joan of Arc, beautiful artworks, everything is dramatic and perfect!

Just walking around the city was incredible, the architecture and the sights… Everything is more beautiful than you could ever imagine. For the most part the people are actually really nice too.

There’s gardens everywhere in the city, and looming statues every way you turn. Found the Louvre pretty quickly, I can’t even count how many years I’ve been dying to see the place so was ridiculously excited to see it even though I didn’t go in that day. It’s free the first Sunday of every month, so I figured that would be a good day to go! But spent about an hour outside, ate some lunch in the park and then continued our trek around the city. Saw the Jardin du Carousel, Jardin de l’Oratoire, Jargin de l’Infante and countless other gardens, all immaculate and, like everything in Paris, all perfectly stunning. The Palais Royal and it’s gardens, I could go on forever. But basically, just trust me, it’s a city that everyone has to see in their lives. I don’t think that my life will ever be complete if I don’t see it again one day!!!

Every time I got a little closer to the Eiffel Tower I got a little more excited… And took another photo… To see it in pictures and movies you know that it is incredibly huge and amazing, but actually seeing it with your own eyes is something else. The closer you get, the more you realise exactly how big it is… By the time you’re standing underneath it’s absolutely breathtaking. We went up in the afternoon so that we could stay up there and watch the sunset… I mean, really, what better place in the world could you possibly sit and watch the sun go down…? It was freezing cold up there but was worth braving it just for the views. And as if it couldn’t get any more exciting, they had some sort of exhibition on up the top, all about snow. So, I was skipping around like a kid playing in the snow at the top of the Eiffel Tower!!! Does life get any better than this? Don’t think so.. J The views go on forever, and when it starts to get dark, al of a sudden, the whole tower lights up. And it sparkles!!!

Spent a few more nights in Paris trying to cram in all of the sights before heading to London.

When I finally did make it inside the Louvre, I literally spent the whole day there, didn’t leave until closing time. There are so many things to see there that I could’ve spent another couple of days, ahhhh, if only I had all of the time and money in the world! I mean, for the most famous art museum in the world, you kind of expect it to be impressive, but it has so many incredible things to see it will blow your mind. The building itself is amazing, so beautiful and the infamous pyramid is a fantastic entrance. But when you get inside, the Mona Lisa & Venus de Milo,

Da Vinci, Raphael, Rembrandt, Delacroix, enough Religious Art to feed my obsession forever, sculptures, paintings, some of the most amazing art I have ever seen.

Another afternoon we went out to see the Cimetiere du Pere Lachaise, it’s kind of compulsory to go and see Jim Morrison’s humble grave. It was quiet when I went there, but people tell me that often you go there and find hysterical people crying, smoking joints, or having a beer there. The cemetery is fascinating, aside from the beauty of the place there are some amazing people buried there. Oscar Wilde’s grave is covered in lipstick kisses and graffiti tributes, poetry and personal messages. Then there’s Chopin, Rossini, Bizet, Delacroix, Gertrude Stein, Edith Piaf… It’s a really peaceful place to be, I guess it’s a nice place to end up when it’s all over.

One place I really wanted to go was Euro Disney. But man, have you seen the prices??? Ugh, it’ll have to wait til I’m rich and famous. It’s a really expensive city, and since I could barely afford to eat I could hardly justify spending that much money on a bit of fun. Still, I always manage to have money for beer… Ahhhh, life is good. And I guess that I’ll see it one day.

Being that we were so poor and the city was so expensive, we did everything as quickly as we could so that we could move onto London. So, after a few days we booked an overnight bus. Man, after this trip is over I hope I never have to spend another night on public transport ever again. But, like I keep saying, it’s the cheapest way most of the time, it was much cheaper than plane tickets or train tickets, so we had to just suck it up and spend another night trying in vain to get some sleep in the most uncomfortable sleeping positions ever. It’s worth it, saved a nights accommodation, and sleep is overrated anyway.

It was kind of a sad bus ride… I’m so used to have Justin by my side, but he had booked his ticket home and was only going to be in London for 2 nights before we had to say goodbye. It’s going to be really strange not having him here, but more on that in the next blog.

I’m sure I’ve missed a whole lot of stuff in this blog cos I’m so rushed, but oh well.

Until next time, peace, love, and all that jazz.

See you all in London!