“Leaving, on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again”

Sliema Travel Blog

Eeeek. What a fabulous month this has been. Well, sorta. It was very up and down, but you don't wanna hear all the boring stuff, but it was an action packed 4 weeks that I had back in Melbourne, so much to do, so many people to see, and do you think that I got it all done? Nup!!! But I've already been off work for 6 weeks, what a bludger (loving it!), moved outta my flat, partied hard (very hard, danced til 9:15am! still hung very for most of the flight here!!!)

Those of you who came to the airport, love you lots and lots, it was fabulous to feel the love! Sorry about all the tears, but goodbyes suck ass! The flight was long and boring, but 24 hours and 30 minutes after leaving Melbourne, I arrived at Malta International Airport. Woohoo!

First dumb thing I've done on my trip:

A couple of weeks ago I booked accommodation for the first couple of nights, thought that I would be pretty scattered after such a long flight. That was smart. After arriving in Malta, I realised that I hadn't brought the accommodation details, didn't even know which city I was supposed to travel to. Not so smart. Don't worry, there'll be plenty more dumb things to outdo that one!

This place is incredibly beautiful, everything I always dreamed it would be, and I'm just about to go out exploring Sliema, which is where my beautiful Grandmother is from. I'll let you know how it goes. Until then, much love. xox.

Aargh. So much for the endlessly incredible weather of Malta. Apparently it's always hot and dry here - Ummm, nup! Got up in the morning to tumultuous storms, the water was gushing down the streets and flooding doorways. So, what did I do? Go for a walk in the rain!!! About 10 metres away from my hostel, I was so drenched and my socks were soaking, but oh well, it was fun. Walked in the rain for a couple of hours, getting to know the streets and all. It was fun! Went home and dried off, put on some warm clothes and went to explore the now dry streets. I think that we walked for about 6 hours this time, but we saw some amazing sights. It's a strange feeling being in Malta. I mean, my whole life I've always really felt my Maltese heritage, but actually being here and seeing all of the things that I've seen in pictures makes it all seem so much more real. Like this is where my family is from. It's hard to put it into words, but I'm so glad that this was my first stop. Hopefully by now I've managed to upload some pics so that you can see what I'm talking about.

Well, off to have some fun in the sun (yep, it's sunny today!)

Miss you all already.

Vikram says:
Sehma, congrats on your featured blog!
Posted on: Apr 06, 2013
bigmac993 says:
Congrats on your featured blog!
Posted on: Apr 06, 2013