Oh, GDay...

Manila Travel Blog

 › entry 8 of 16 › view all entries

I'm so homesick today…

It's been another great week, but I can't believe that another week has gone by. We only have 3 weeks of work left. Which means YAYYYYY, Nathan will be here in 3 weeks. But BOOOOO, I'm so close to going home. Melbourne is so cold at the moment, and I've made so many new friends it's really going to suck leaving them. We started with a new group at work this week. Blah blah blah, I know you don't wanna hear about it but they seem pretty cool.

Adrian went home this week, so now there's only 7 of us left. I was real sick, blah blah blah, poor me and all that (no really, sympathy please…) But then all of a sudden it was the weekend again. And now it's over, back to work in the morning. Had a fun weekend. No big trips planned for this weekend, we were just kind of seeing what happened and where we ended up. The girls were all in my room on Friday night for dinner, we had room service meals sent up. Rach and I were intending on going out and meeting up with a few of the guys from work, but kept procrastinating in my room. I don't really know how it happened, but we ended up with everyone in my room, lots of beer and vodka, music, it was crazy. The hotel rooms aren't real big, but we all fitted in ok. I don't know what time it was that everyone left, but my room was filthy. There was dirty glasses and stuff everywhere, I tidied up, but I let room service wash everything. Kind of felt a little guilty when they came in the next day, cos it was gross. Oh well. We had a really good night. I didn't get a wink of sleep. So the next morning I ended up trying to get half an hour sleep before we went out cos my brain wouldn't work, and just as I was dozing off, the stupid phone rang. I mumbled something and then hung up, but it was too late, there was no turning back, I had to resign to the fact that I just wasn't gonna get any sleep at that point. I get real dumb when I haven't slept (yes, dumber than usual, smartass). So we headed down to the pool, figured there was no better way to spend a 32 degree day. Finally got a little sleep by the pool, had lunch there and stuff, had a swim, got a tan, then had to head back to meet the others to go watch Australia vs. Japan in the Asian Cup (soccer). Ugh. Australia lost. And they deserved to lose they played so shit. We figured that since we were pretty tired we'd stay out for a couple of drinks and then go have an early night. Again, don't know how it happened, but slowly everyone else went home, and it was me and Rach left there again. Do we do anything but drink??? (No, I don't know either). Had a ball with another girl, Meg, drinking Vodka Red Bulls and talking to random people about random things. Met a few cool people, moved on to another bar full of dodgy expats and sleazy old men being sleazy old men. Ewwww. By the time we got home it was 3am and we were full of Red Bull, so buzzing a bit. Didn't think that I would ever get to sleep, but I underestimated how exhausted I was after not sleeping for 48 hours.

Today was fun, something different. Went to church. Have been intending on going since we got here, but hadn't actually made it to a Mass yet. So Barney and Dax came and picked us up and took us to Church!!! We went to a beautiful church that has a heap of history, then Dax Rach and I went out to Eastwood. It's coooool there. Great shopping, bars and restaurants everywhere. It's real laid back. And I managed to get a nice vegetarian meal! We had fun, and now here I am, it's 11pm and I should be in bed.

So, on that note I will leave you again.

Love you all. Miss me lots.



Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
photo by: Deats