Looking Back

Roanoke Travel Blog

Well I've been here for almost 2 months now, and it's time to return home, my other home. I have had such a wonderful time here, with a few moments I'd soon rather forget. I loved my everyday routine....Waking up at 6am, making breakfast, dressing the kids, taking them to school, going tanning and then off to the gym for a great workout, pick the kids up, make a snack, put the kids down for their nap, wake them up to play while I make dinner, do the dishes and clean up, brush the kid's teeth and put them to bed....and then RELAX. I could do this stuff with my eyes closed!

Landen is alot bigger now, and I will miss him and my other neice and nephew. I am so glad I was able to come here and get to spend so much time with them. Family is very important to me.

I had a great time at the Winery, the mall, and Natural Bridge Zoo. Even Wal-Mart was interesting...I was walking down an aisle with my sister and the kids, and some random guy came up to tell me that I was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Hmmm, didn't know Wal-mart was such a hot spot. haha. Throughout my time in Roanoke I made a few new friends, and got my workout schedule back on track by making myself a goal to compete in a fitness competition. I'll miss my friends at the gym and my trainer that nearly kills me everyday. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to walk again. LOL.

So now I wait for my plane home, with a quick stop over in Chicago, and then the jet lag begins.

photo by: spocklogic