Here I go!

Vancouver Travel Blog

Today is the day that I board my plane and embark on a new journey. Although I know my destination, I do not know when I will return home.

It has been almost 2 years since I saw my sister, and I miss her terribly. A few years back my eldest sister got married and moved to Virginia to start a family...and that's where it all started. Each time she has another child I make the 5 hour flight to stay and manage the house for how ever long she needs me there. I'm more like a fill in mom, than a nanny while I'm there. This trip will be for the 3rd baby, Landen, who was born on September 10th. There is nothing like a 2 day old baby waiting for you at the airport to pick you up. After a ton of hugs and kisses we pack the 3 kids into the Trail blazer and I drive us all "home" while my sister calms a crying infant in the back.

I love Roanoke, especially in the fall. This time of the year the colors of the leaves are picturesque and the air is so crisp and clean. Fall is my favorite season, and I think the best place to enjoy it is in the Eastern part of North America. On the West coast here in Vancouver, BC we have a lot of evergreen trees so it stays lush and green all year long. Although we do have some trees that change color here, it is nothing like in Virginia. Hues of red, yellow and copper.....it's so beautiful!

Vancouver