Singapore Botanical Museum

Singapore Travel Blog

Botanical Museum.

Yes, you read it correctly. No,it's not the place for fossilized plants instead you can see them fresh and blooming.am i referring to the Botanic Garden ? Actually yes, the photos were from the Botanic Garden, but i prefer to call it the Botanical Museum.

Below is the excerpt of the coining of the term:

Aoi: Eyas, let's go to the Botanicals and have some photo session
XVeggie (still dizzy from work): Botanicals? What are the things we can see there?
Aoi: (blink* blink) Uhmm...dinosaurs?
XVeggie: like a museum?
Aoi: (evil straight face) uhmm yeah.

fave shot #3 - Giving thanks

The next day i ended up going alone to the Botanical garden, naturally getting lost first. (lousy sense of direction) The ground  is quite huge, that it even has to be divided into three sections showcasing a variety of horticultural species. Though, inside the garden can be quite humid, there are lots of shelters and benches to rest and well, just to  enjoy the scenery. If the variety of plants and flowers is not enough to tickle the inner botanist inside everyone,  then the  special section for Orchids might do the trick.

It’s a pleasant surprise to see people from different walks of life, come to this botanical garden, from a person who just wants to jog , to a gigantic-camera wielding tourist, to  students browsing on their notes and yes, thanks to the lovely café inside, business meetings are held and even sometimes wedding proposal.

While some people busy walking their dogs, I was busy walking… uhmmm..my camera. My timing was bit off, (well, I got lost) it was already noon and the temp was escalating. The heat was enough to make me focus more on my sweating than correcting the focus of camera lens. I have 3 fave shots from this trip: the shot of my trainers, a pic of the lotus flower  (which I also submitted for the Yahoo Time capsule project) and the bullfrog statue that can pass off as my boyfriend.

fave shot #2 - my boyfriend