Bit of a setback.....

Chicago Travel Blog

Well I woke up on July 4, Independence day at 8:00 AM (not because I wanted to wake up bright and early but...) because I received a phone call from Bolivia.  It was my coordinator, Araceli.  She called to inform me that other volunteers going through Project Abroad had had problems with LAB airlines (the one I was scheduled to take) with delays of not only hours but days.  She suggested I switch to one of two different airlines.  I searched online only to discover that one website said that all days were not valid departure dates, and the other website gave me an error message.  I then discovered LAB had switched me to connecting flights that would leave before I got to Bolivia, and flights that would leave after my scheduled return flight to Miami.  You can imagine my stress!!  I finally emailed LAB in both English, and a translated version in Spanish to the reservations email, and was thankfully greeted with an email later that evening of new flights that would match my original US-Bolivia-US flights.

After all this, my trip will consist of:
Departure on July 11 ~3:00 PM to arrive in Miami ~7:30 PM
Departure on July 11 ~11:30 PM to arrive in Santa Cruz, Bolivia ~8:00AM
Departure on July 12 ~7:00 PM to arrive finally in Cochabamba, Bolivia ~7:45 PM
= more than 24 hours of travel in airplanes and airports :-/

But i'm still excited to launch this trip :-D
photo by: mahoney