the first time in salzburg

Salzburg Travel Blog

Salzburg from above

since my sister lives in salzburg (christmas 2003) i had no time to visit her. so i decedid to go there around easter 2004. i took the overnighttrain from bochum to salzburg on april 7th and after a hard night without any sleep i arrived in salzburg. my sister picked me up from the main station and we walked about 15 - 20 minutes to her appartement near the old town of salzburg (the street where she lives is called "linzer gasse").

because she had to work, i took a little nap (about 4 hours ;) ) and when she came back we had a really good "jause" (something between breakfast and lunch). then she took me "by the hand" and showed me around in salzburg. we went to the kathedral, the castle, of course the old town and some secret places where the people of salzburg used to go when they  don't wanna see any tourists ;).

Getreidegasse

coming back to the appartement only for using the restroom the phone ringed and my girlfriend called me (she said she couldn't catch me over my cellphone...) and told me that her mother (nearly my mother-in-law) died of suffocation. man, this was really a shock. so i decided to take the next train back home and my sister and i went to the mainstaion again and i booked a place in the train i came in that morning. since we had a little time left, we went to the YOuth HOstel and she introduced me to some of her friends. we had a good time and around 6pm we ahd to leave because i had to sit in the train around 7.30pm. we had to hurry a little bit and excactly when i arrived and jumped in the train the staff closed the doors. after 12 hours in the train i arrived in dortmund where my aunt picked me up and brought me to my girlfriends aunt (where she slept the night before).

that was my first visit in salzburg. nothing with a happy end :(!

lauro says:
i want to go to the secret place! hahaha
Posted on: Nov 11, 2007