Punta Cana Travel Blog

The weather has been nice so far here in the Dominican Republic.  I am here on a 7 day vacation with my Cruise West girlfriends.  Amanda, Kelly, and Renata have been the best travel buddies anyone would ask for!   So, our plane pulled us up to some huts in the town of Punta Cana...

Our resort, Occidental Grand Flamenco, is located in the eastern part of the D.R. and is run by the locals.  The Occidental is an all inclusive resort, beautifully landscaped and full of activities day and night.  Not many people speak any English, which hasn't been a problem yet.  It's our 6th day here and we have been having a blast.  Our Bavaro beach is beautiful with your picturesque white sand and clear turquoise waters.  We have thoroughly enjoyed lounging around and soaking up the sun.  We found a few ladies "with the girls out" and decided to not follow suit.  There has been no shortage of grandpas with speedos either.  Definitely not cool. Yesterday we took a day Catamaran tour to Saona Island and enjoyed a Dominican-style buffet right on the beach.  On the way back we stopped off at a natural swimming pool and got to pass around a star fish, it was quite exciting.

Renata and I went swimming with dolphins at Manati Park.  It was an amazing experience.  However, I must warn you the actual park is not much to look at, it is very old and not well maintained, quite pitiful.  After reading reviews of the park, I am ashamed of contributing money to the establishment.  The bus ride over was an adventure in itself, seats were broken, and several were missing.  The driver had a death wish with the way he was passing cars on a small two-way street.  We spent the remainder of the day shopping around town and relaxing by the beach.  Kelly and Amanda went on a Safari Jeep tour, which included riding horses on the beach.

Our 7 day vacation is coming to a close, as we are heading back to the states tomorrow afternoon... Adios Punta Cana!  Muchas Gracias!