Can i trust you ... Varanasi?

Varanasi Travel Blog

Varanasi October 4-7

If compare with Calcutta, i like here more coz it's more quiet and not too much traffic around the guesthouse. Before i went out, the hotel man gave me a hotel card in case of i lost the way and showed me how to come back, really nice (at that time, i think).

Walking alone since Ale was sick. First, i wanna find a pharmacy. You know, i bought a ring last time in Nepal .. i wore it for 4 months and nothing happened to me but since i came here, the weather in india or maybe it's not clean here ... something happened to my finger. It's burned. My skin was so .... ruin. I'm not sure if i can trust the pharmacy here but had to find one now! It was so ugly ..!  People said .

Pharmacy
.. there has a lot of pharmacy but only 1 in 20 can be trust. Wow ... how could i know which one is the best! Anyway i chose one to buy something to cure skin inflammation. Not bad really.

Now chillin' chillin' ....

Konishiwa ... konishiwa ... along the way. Ahhhh, sorry i'm not Japanese ... :D Ok .. Namaste Namaste .. ahhh, sorry again I'm not Nepali :D I'm Thai :D:D:D Hahaha .. you know, no one says that i'm thai at all. Maybe they don't know Thailand? Maybe Thai people look alike many well known country?? Maybe .. no Thai comes here? Maybe .. Yeah, maybe my hair makes me look like Japanese. Maybe my face makes me look like Nepali .. Anyway, after i said "I come from THailand".  Ahhh ... China!! No no no, Thailand not China (wondered how could be the same sound??) Then .

Chai shop
.. after repeated .. they said .. Ahhh.. Thailand, Bangkok ... Bangkok ... I love bangkok!

Hahaha .. Finally you knew! Thank you!

I took a rest at Chai shop. 2 Glasses drinking among Indian. Next to the chai shop was the bidi shop. I tried Bidi again. Bidi is like a cigarettes but smoke with a leave not a paper. And tried .. i forgot what is it ... Tobacco wrapped by a leave and put something which can make your mouth turns to be red by not smoking but chewing. Once i tried, two old men came to me and laughed and said ... Don't do it dear hahahaha .... (in Thailand has quite the same, only grandma-grandpa do it :))  After chewing, don't swallow it. Not a bad taste, really :) They take it instead of smoking cigarettes :D

Then Konishiwa .

I tried bidi and tobacco here!
.. again i heard. I just said "sawaddee ka" back to them .. It means hello in Thai. Then one guy came to me. He introduced himself as "Raj" ... And asked me to walk with and showed me around town. I was hesitating at first but ... i don't know where to go so maybe he could show me somewhere .. then he said "you can trust me. I just want to show people around my hometown. Don't be scared, i'm not gonna hurt you". And he asked me if i wanted to see Ganga River??? Yes, sure why not! (Actually, Kailash will take me and Ale to go there today in the evening) But .. ok, coz he would take me to the right side. Then Raj leaded me to the ally ... which sooooooo scary. Indeed!! I stopped, was hesitating again ... I asked him, is it the way to Ganga?? Why is it so mysterious??? Are you sure? And my face showed that I don't trust him.
Raj, Indian guy
. then he stopped and said again ... "ok, if you don't trust me, i don't know why i should bring you there? Ok, we can go back but i didn't lie to you. It's the way to Ganga and it's beautiful" ... So what to do, New??? ... It's afternoon now so ok, I know i run fast so if anything happened, i could run!! So i told him, ok sorry ... lead me there!

5 minutes walked in the mysterious way ... then when we got out from that narrow ally, I saw an amazing thing!!  Beautiful ganga! Wish i could show you the pictures. Was really nice indeed!! He took me walked along the right side of Ganga to a small market .. ahhh there i met many many indian women. Raj said today was a Women day. No work. :) Then we went to see a place that pregnant women come to wash themselves. The water was not clean but he said "this is clean enough".

It's green by the lichen and has the turtle in that pool. He said ... it's clean. Still confirmed, ok ok, clean.  I wanted to go back but he asked me to have something to drink. Ahhh ... ok ok ... then he took me to a nice place to have some drink. Hayat Mediteranean Restaurant. Nice one. Too bad that's quite hot but Lassi could help!! Lassi is nice ... made by milk and yogert :) You can choose between Plain/ Sweet or Salty Lassi. But no ice here, too bad.

It seemed to be good with a new friend if he didn't say something to make me feel uncomfortable. Yeah, he's flirting .. finally. Haha.  I'm not that nice or beautiful but maybe it's the way he always did to tourist women???? Or i went with him so easily which made him feel that i was interested in him??? I dunno, but i didn't think like that!!  So i told him that .

. "ok gotta go coz someone's waiting for me at the guesthouse. Thanks for showing me around but sorry." Then he said "sorry but i want to show you around town more". I said "no, sorry, i gotta go now and i thought we're friends but if you tried to say something like that again, i'm not comfortable to stay with you so i better go".  Friendship is nice if we know the right way to keep it. But Raj doesn't know it so .. i had to say bye. He gave me his mobile number but .. he said he knew i would never call back. (Ahhh, he's right!)

Ran fast to guesthouse to check how Ale is. His face is sooo pale haha ... Kebab kebab ... I told ya don't eat!!! :) He felt really bad with his stomach, then Kailash (the tuk tuk driver) came to pick up us.

From Roof top of the guesthouse
I had to say that we couldn't go coz Ale is sick, maybe the next day or later??? He was disappointed and asked me "what's the hotel man tell you???" Ahhh ... he thought that we changed our minds coz the hotel man told us that he can't be trust. I said "no one told me anything ... but now Aleks is sick, really sick so he needs to take some rest. And i'm sorry." Then i asked his number to call him tomorrow. He seemed to be so sad. He's a nice guy really. We paid from the train station to this guesthouse only 50 rupis. He didn't charge us more than he could get. But now we didn't go with him. I was really sorry for that. He gave me his number and said the same as Raj said "i know you wouldn't call me" but this time i said .. "yes i will! I didn't change my mind, if Ale is not sick, we'll go with you for sure.
At night was horrible coz no light here
So see ya tomorrow."

Ahhh .. i felt bad. He's a nice tuk tuk driver, really.

Actually the hotel man said something to me before i went out that .... Kailash will charge us more if we go there with him. He said "he showed you a cheap place, he took you here coz here is nice to make you believe that he can be trust and you didn't pay much for the first time coz he's planning to take more from you. So if you wanna go somewhere, use our service. It's cheap. But please don't tell him that i said to you, ok?"

I said "ok, i won't tell him." But .. you know, i didn't believe him a hundred percent. I don't think that Kailash will do that. But i think the hotel man told us like that coz .. he wanted us to use the hotel service. It's a trick. Sometimes i think, couldn't I trust anyone here??? ... and yeah ... maybe couldn't.

newtampo says:
Ahh, that's no so nice for what they did to your gf indeed :( ... And .. almost 15 years but things seem to be the same? Incredible india really! :D ....
Thank you very much for stopping by and glad you like it :) You too, have fun!! :)
Posted on: Nov 14, 2007
Riticulus says:
So nice to read your varansi blog. I have been there in 1994 and it seems it hasnĀ“t changed much.

I really did like India. Except the constant touching of my GF. Made my maaad...

Your pictures are excellent as well.

Have fun, New.
Posted on: Nov 14, 2007
From Roof top of the guesthouse
At night was horrible coz no light…
At night was horrible coz no ligh…
Woman Day!
Woman Day!
Converse!
Converse!
a show
a show
Ganga in the evening
Ganga in the evening
This is a place that a pregnant wo…
This is a place that a pregnant w…
Me