gokova bay

Mugla Travel Blog

biking in mugla

After setting foot in Istanbul TR for the second time, and still i could not understand how the city still looked pleasant. Anyway I was spending only one night so it is all great. I have loved this country and it's people. Amazing it is and will be a dream come true when i can spent every six months here. I love to visit Ukudar( asia) side of Istanbul very attractive and small crown compared to Europe side.

Now that i have a permanent home in Gokova, mugla I fell very fortunate because this place is beyond beautiful. It a small village surrounded by the nicest community i have even been apart from my home town! :) I have partly view of the bay and its refreshing every morning to wake up and stare at the houses below.

Gokova Bay

My day usually starts about 9am, have a little wake up 'Kahvalti' then am off on my bike to the next village called Akyaka about 3km. The hills make it a pleasant ride and it's a nice bright morning as always. Getting to my fave spot by the water 'Ruzgar Kite Cafe' of which not only they have the best smoothes and sandwiches but also they have kayaks, boat, kanyoning trip and more popular is the kite boarding school. It is the best place to learn kite boarding in Akyaka! amazing staff

After my morning tour around the neighbourhood villages back to my house on a steep hill which makes up all the sweat for the day. A little break before wind starts to blow and it is time to hit the beach for kite surfing. I mean wind is amazing, even though I don't do much surfing i sit by the beach and enjoy watching my boyfriend as he takes the pleasure of surfing for the rest of the afternoon and before you know its 5pm and wind is slowing down and time to pack up and head home.

Canyons
but before that we hang around the beach by the kite cafe enjoying a nice barbecue with friends and have a good laugh. how else woun't you call this paradise!

Everyother day we take trips to Marmaris or Bodrum and Fethiye is also close by. If you have ever visited this part of Turkey you absolute know how beautiful and chill it is. Well in general Turkey is beautiful place ever!! I now call Turkey my second home because this is where i am during the summers for the past 2 years and many more to come. feel free to come visit me in the summer in Gokova, mugla I will be happy you to be my msafir or i can give you tips also of any place you may want to visit.

As a turkish may say hoş geldiniz to everyone and i hope you enjoyed your next adventures

cheers until next time