Things around Edinburgh

Edinburgh Travel Blog

I was attending an internal conference for the company I worked for, which made me visiting Scotland for the second time. This is the most green country I've ever seen. Soooo green and so cold of course. We were staying in a Sheraton Edinburgh, a very expensive hotel which we enjoy very much. The room cost 250 Pound sterling a night. The city itself full of attraction and history. Thus me and my husband spent the first 2 days to go around the city only. We first visited the castle which is very gorgeous. From this castle, there is a way to go underground where we can see the old edinburgh. Bit spooky for me. When we went to the castle, there was a wedding taking place in the chapel. So we stopped and taking chance to take a picture of the groom and his best man on kilt (they were very offended because I called it dress).

Greyfriar Bobby
In the castle, we can see many kinds of museum. One museum full of gun and knife, another part filled with paintings, another museum was all about the clothes the duke and duchess was wearing, and oll of them are in one complex. You can imagine how big the castle are. And if you come on May, they built seat around the entrance of the castle where you can see the festival.

Then we go around and see a street full of bar (hehehehe...), where we've seen a dog statue, make us wondering what statue is this all about. And the statue actually called Greyfriars Bobby. There was a dog who was very faithful to the owner (John) . Even after the owner died, he still come to visit the grave every day, until finally he died and people buried him near by his owner. Very sweet, isn't it? Then we went to see something like a palace, not sure what it was. But it's actually now used as government office. Still full of guard. Also a lot of museums around.

Edinburgh is a combination of old and new. Princess street, one of the main street, full of shops and new building but also several bars on an old building. Very nice combination. The next day we went on a picnic to nearby hills. First we visit a monumen and then we went to the highest point in Edinburgh. When we finished with the city, and almost freezing for walking around (and it was on May!!!!), we went back to the hotel.

Men in Kilt