Shopping in Bahrain

Manama Travel Blog

Al-Aali Shopping Center

As other country in the Middle East, Bahrain is a great country for shopping. When I said great here, it actually meant has any kind of shops you can imagine. Just mention it and you'll find it. I came here for work, but because I stayed in the Mercure Grand Seef Hotel, I managed to visit 3 out of the biggest 5 malls in the country within minutes. After taking a taxi from airport to the hotel (5 BHD or about 15 USD), I went straight away to start my shopping journey.

The first mall I visited was The Seef Mall. It is located just outside the hotel. It has 200 shops inside. And don't ask about the price. It just basically gonna create a big hole in your purse or pocket or wherever you put money in. Besides shops, it also has 40 restaurants and cinema (maybe something like 16 screens).

Dana Mall

If I said Seef Mall is expensive, try the one at the exact next door of it, called Al-Aali Shopping Mall. The architecture is nice, very mediteranian. Even the dior shop has a mediterranian interior design, with sand colour wall. This shopping center is twice more expensive compared to Seef, the nearest mall.

There's one across the street, in front of Seef Mall, called Bahrain Mall. It was actually quite funny remembering how I managed to cross the road, which is huge and if you've ever been to Middle East, the driver are just crazy in term of speed. They probably running the car minimum at 100 miles an hour. And I'm not exagerating here. Just simple fact. Doesn't matter inside or outside the city. This mall is bit cheaper. And that's probably why it's one of the most favourite mall in the country (I said favourite not most luxury).

There's another 2 in the big 5, which is Dana Mall and The Marina Mall. There's also a shopping complex as part of The Sheraton hotel and it was also nice. If you want to shop, the best place is according to me is The Sheef Mall or Marina Mall in Manama district (central town). Also a tip, don't shop on the weekend (Friday and Saturday), coz at this time, many people coming from Saudi to enjoy their weekend, the hotels are full everywhere, the traffic is jam, and the malls is just ridiculously packed.

nwintarti says:
thanks for stopping by to my blog
Posted on: Nov 15, 2007
arlene0725 says:
Salam walekom. I think I'll be shopping at the Bahrain Mall which is much friendlier to my finances. Oman, Dubai & Bahrain will be on the places to visit in the future. best, Arlene
Posted on: Nov 14, 2007