Giggling Day with Friend

Great Wall Travel Blog

many people

Me and my best friend, Ervina went to Beijing to attend a course. We set our flight one day earlier so we have one full day to go around and enjoy the sightseeing. We went straight away to a tourist center in Novotel Lido, because we don't really have time to look around for information and go by bus here and there.

This tour actually very good, because when we arrived in one of the part of great wall, we were driven up to the gate in front of the ticket counter. We thanked God that we didn't take bus on our own, otherwise we have to stop in the entrance gate, and walk for about 2 km more (because bus cannot go up to high up to the ticket counter and also there is no parking space available).

There were 6 peoples in the car, and we are given like 2 hours to go around.

me and ervina, going to the different dirrection
The tour guide suggest us to go to the easiest path, but we were going to the difficult part with more curves and bit hilly, because there are less people there. In one of the corner of the hill, just outside the wall, government already put a sign of "Beijing 2008" for upcoming olympic games similar to the one of "Hollywood" sign in California, so we can see it from far away.

The great wall was amazing. We couldn't imagine how people made this. I mean...carrying all the big stones with certain shape up to this height....and it was soooooooo long, we cannot see where it end and where it starts ("of course idiot...it should made a circle..that's why no start and no end"...that was my friend comment to me...uhhhh).

When we came back, we were completely tired for running around here and there. Some people might force themselves to goooo and goooo, but of course at some point they have to come back, otherwise it will take them several years to walk around the whole wall.

many people
me and ervina, going to the differ…
me and ervina, going to the diffe…
beijing 2008 olympic signs