Blue Holiday

Maldives Travel Blog

Soon as I arrived in Male international airport, all i can see is the blue sea all around. It is sooooo blue, until I am not sure if it's real anymore. I went there for 5 days with my husband for our 1 year wedding anniversary. The celebration itself is a bit early, but since we have not much chance for having holiday together in the near future months, so we decided to do it in September.

September is a low season in Maldives, because the summer holiday is over. But still, honeymooners are everywhere. Maldives is a moslem country, so no alcohol are allowed from outside. You can still get wine in the restaurant, but forget about bringing champagne from where you come from coz the airport security will take it for you (will return it on ur way back home, but not allowing you to bring it with u into the country).

It's probably related to tax.

In Maldives, if you are not coming for romantic holiday, you can enjoy photo shooting, water sports and sun bathing. If you are planning to come over to Maldives, choose a resort close to Male to save money on air taxi. I stayed in the most south atoll hotel and it cost me 300 USD for the air taxi from the airport to the hotel. Also, if you stay close to Male, you can use the boat instead of air taxi and you can arrive anytime you want (flexible choice of airline). Because the air taxi only operates between 8am to 5pm.

The rest of the holiday is simply about relaxing. We went for snorkelling once, island hopping once, and arranged a romantic lunch in a inhabited island. My husband went for open water dive once and met a big black whale. Beautiful experience.

nwintarti says:
yea is very cool...thanks for stopping by...cant wait to see ur version of maldives
Posted on: Oct 19, 2008
IvanG says:
hey - cool, I just came back from Maldives few days ago, isn't it just the best!? I will post a blog soon.
Posted on: Oct 19, 2008