Memory Visit to Yogyakarta

Yogyakarta Travel Blog

in the cave, we have to rolled our pants not to be wet with the river flow

Yogyakarta is one of the historical city for me. Not only because this is where I have spent the longest time continuously (I lived there for 5 years, compared to the rest of the place I've ever lived in - maximum of 3 years), but also because since I was a kid, not knowing any other cool place, I always want to go there for university. So one of the day in 2005, where all of a sudden I realized that I got 65 days vacation balance and need to spend at least half of it, I joined a trip.

The trip was all arranged by a group of friends. I was only planning to go home to Jakarta from Balikpapan where I worked at that time. But this group of friends, they have planned it to go together (6 girls) when I asked if I can go too.

parangtritis beach
So they end up bought me a ticket from Jakarta to Yogyakarta before I'm even arrived in Jakarta. Yogyakarta or often called Yogya for short, is about 1 hour flying from Jakarta. There is flight available almost every hour (different airlines). Arrived in the airport, I paid 50,000 rupiah (5 USD) to catch up with another 6 girls who left earlier than me. We had dinner in a food stall, on the pedestrian area (in Yogya, eating under a tent built on the side of the street is very common during the night, and you actually not even sitting on a chair but on the floor  covered with some kind of plastic carpet instead). After that we went to a small hotel (guest house near by Yogya Kembali monument) called Rumah Mertua. The guest house is so unique, look like a house with javanese architecture, has a swimming pool and provide breakfast on its garden. Very cool. It only has about 10 rooms, that's why bit quiet.

The next day, we rent a car for 400,000 rupiah (40 USD) to go around. First, we visited the Sultan Palace, then we went to the beach, and then we went to see a cave with a river inside. This whole trip only took a day. We were already back in the hotel by 8 pm. Where then we decided to see some part of the Sultan Palace we missed during the day, took a pedicab to go around and look at traditional music on the palace. We went back to Jakarta the next day.

in the cave, we have to rolled our…
in the cave, we have to rolled ou…
eating on a food stall