Tired after beautiful day of snorkeling and hikes

Honolulu Travel Blog

Snoreling in Haunama Bay

Today we woke up early and headed east to Hanauma Bay for some cool snorkeling.  Steve and I didn't much like how many tourists there were at this well known snorkeling site but still enjoyed the snorkeling.  Saw lots of cool and bright fish and sea urchins in corals.  Then we headed further east to hike a easy trail to a lighthouse and an incredible view.  Later we also stopped and watched some really big waves along the coast and a blow hole where water shoots up from the rocks when the waves hit.  Steve also led us on a short adventure when we randomly climbed up a big mountain thing.  There was no path and it was really tough getting down but we still made it somehow and got some really great views again from the top.  Today was really great that we got to see some of the beautiful nature scenes I think of when I think about Hawaii.  We're really tired now though after a long day on our feet, even Steve is tired which doesn't happen that often.  :)

-Arum

jababr says:
oh and i forgot... steve- did you get to watch the last US game? i got so frustrated. and arum, we were all cheering for korea yesterday.

football is huge here, and people watch every game. i didn't really care about the cup at all, but now that i've watched like 6 games i'm really into it.

have fun and be safe, j
Posted on: Jun 19, 2006
jababr says:
Wow! That sounds so wonderful! Your pictures are great.

I am leaving tomorrow :) I just got my hair braided- with a weave so my head feels really heavy. And I am going to go get henna done, so I'll look all Malian when I get off the plane.

I am sad I won't get to see you guys but excited about your adventure!

Good luck with the passports,
and all my love,