AsiaChinaTianjin

Never Ending Ferry Ride

Tianjin Travel Blog

Bed on the Ferry

We got on the ferry from Inchon, South Korea to Tianjin, China at 5pm and were supposed to leave the port at 7pm.  They were still loading crates at 8pm and they were saying things over the intercom.  Of course we didn't understand anything.  Well it seemed like forever before we actually left and we still have no idea why.  I watched the Germany soccer match at midnight that ended with Germany winning on penalty kicks at 3am.  Then, the boat finally left at 3am.  I watched the Italy-Ukraine match at 4am and went to bed after that.

The ferry was ok.  We were in economy which meant there were two bunks on top of each other in a big room.  We slept there and I had no problem it wasn't so bad and nobody stole any of our stuff.  The next morning, the boat was rocking so we took some motion sickness stuff and it was ok.

Bed on the Ferry
  We killed a lot of time by playing cards, reading about Beijing, and sleeping.  We had a couple cup of noodles and eggs that were given to us by Arum's friends and family.  When we left Korea we had a ton of seaweed, cups of noodles, eggs, chocolate, etc.

I watched Brazil lose their soccer match the next morning and then we finally arrive in China at 3am.  Unfortunately we were all trapped on that boat like prisoners untiul 8am when they finally let us get off.  We were supposed to arrive around 9pm the night before so it was more like a day and a half ferry instead of one day.  It took forever to get off the boat though since everyone had to go through immigration and it was slow.

Once off the boat, we took a taxi to the train station and bought our tickets to Beijing.  We left the train station around 11:30am and it took 2 hours to get to Beijing.  I got quite a number of stares the whole time and it is surprising how interesting I am to little kids even if I am just sitting there.

Steve

Ferry Deck while still at Port
Ferry Deck while still at Port
Finally on the High Seas
Finally on the High Seas
Cup of Noodles (everybody had them)
Cup of Noodles (everybody had them)
Tianjin