Preparing for Trip and Taking Finals

Stanford Travel Blog

I am setting up this blog so that everyone can easily have updates of where we are and what adventures we are getting into.  Hopefully we will be able to update this website on a regular basis from internet cafes while traveling.

At Stanford, I just finished with classes and homework and have my exams over the next couple of days.  I still have several things I need to do before the trip and the World Cup starts tommorow so that is VERY exciting.  I'm hoping that the passports arrive tommorow from the Chinese embassy.  I dropped them off in San Francisco last Tuesday.  Arum arrives Tuesday night.  I have my last exam on Wednesday morning and then we move my stuff to storage in the afternoon.  Thursday is our first attempt to get on a United flight to Asia.

Here is the short version of our destination list (itinerary) for the trip in one of a number of possible orders of travel:
Tokyo?
Korea
China (Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou)
Hong Kong (and Macau)
Vietnam (Halong Bay, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh)
Cambodia (Phnom Penh, Angkor Wat, 1 week service project)
Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket)
Malaysia (Tarman Negara Forest, Kuala Lumpur)
Singapore
Indonesia? (Jakarta, Bali, Gunung Bromo Volcano)

Steven
d68soldier says:
What an AWESOME ASIAN ADVENTURE!! I am hoping that I can do that but only for about a month this summer. What kind of travel agency did you use to book such an AWESOME ASIAN ADVENTURE? I would appreciate any info that you could provide to help me in this endeavor. Thanks.
Posted on: Apr 18, 2007