Happy Anniversary to Us!!

Niagara Falls Travel Blog

We returned from Toronto...finally...the train going back to Oakville was delayed an hour because of another train breaking down...and then we tried to go to H&M in Oakville and they were CLOSED!!!! I admit, we were irritated at the malls in Canada!! I mean, really, who had heard of a mall closing at 6PM on a Saturday??? Oh well, I guess we didn't need to spend anymore money anyway...

So we got back to the inn in time to change for dinner. We had our anniversary dinner downstairs in the inn's restaurant. It was very nice! They sat us next to the fireplace in the main dining room and our server was very friendly, without being overbearing.

We both had the beef tenderloin, which was so tender and juicy that we really didn't need the knife! YUMM!! I also had goat cheese ravioli as a starter and Scott had a ceasar salad. For dessert I had a warm chocolate cake and Scott had a white chocolate something. We also had a bottle of wine, the only California they had on their wine list. Their cellar was very heavy with local wines, and we were wary of pairing a local wine with our meal...the California they had was ok.

All in all it was a lovely way to celebrate our 6th anniversary!

Niagara Falls